- The Caribbean islands were once a lawless cove run by merchant marines transporting stolen treasures. When news reached the King that these pirates were amassing great riches, he ordered a cut of their loot.
Now in King's Gold, it's your turn to be a pirate, and you must try to pillage ships and other pirates along the way. How far will you go to deceive the greedy King and become the richest pirate on the coast and at sea? On a turn, the active player rolls the five dice up to three times. If a die shows crossbones, it's locked until the end of the turn; otherwise, a player can roll or leave dice as he wants. After he stops, he takes or loses gold as follows:
- 1 coin face + 1 cannon: Take this many coins from the box, then place this many coins in the King's pile.
- 1 coin face + 1 skull: Steal this many coins from the player of your choice.
- Coins on all five dice: Take all of the coins from the King's pile.
- Skulls on all five dice: Take all of the coins from another player.
- Cannon on all five dice: Take all of the coins from the box, ending the game.
- 3+ crossbones or any non-scoring combination: Place three coins from your stash in the King's pile.
When all sixty coins in the box have been removed, the game ends and whoever has the most coins wins.